söndag 15 november 2009

THE STORY OF SHAYTAN (Satan) Part 4.

There is great wisdom in acting for God's sake and refusing to act for any other reason. Once Ali, the son-in-law of the Prophet, was fighting on the battlefield with one of the most powerful champions of the enemy. He finally managed to strike the warrior's sword from his hand.

As he raised his sword to take the enemy's life, the man spat in Ali's face. Ali sopped and sheathed his sword. The warrior said, "I don't understand. You were about to kill me, and yet after I spit at you, you spare my life. Why?"

Ali replied, "I was going to take your life in battling for God's sake, but when you spat at me, it angered me. Had I killed you then, I would have been a murderer, or I would have struck in anger. I will fight for God, but I will not murder for my ego." [Essential Sufism, Sheikh Muzaffer, p.198]


Adam was still a child, so God brought him into the path of caresses. The path of children is one thing, the furnace of heroes something else. Adam was taken into Paradise on the shoulders of the great angels of God's kingdom. Paradise was made the cradle for his greatness and the pillow for his leadership, because he still did not have the endurance for the court of severity...

Tomorrow. Adam will go into Paradise with his children. A cry will rise up from all the particles of Paradise because of the crow ding. The angels of the world of the dominion will look with wonder and say, "is this that same man who moved out of Paradise a few days ago in poverty and indigence?" Suffer a bit of trouble, then in a few days, take the treasure! [Essential Sufism, Samani, p.199]

Inga kommentarer: