fredag 11 juni 2010

Hidjab Is..



A sisters poem:

Hijab is a screen of privacy → Niqab is a better screen
Hijab helps develop taqwa → Niqab helps develop more taqwa
Hijab is a jihad that purifies the soul → Niqab is a greater jihad
Hijab is a protection for sisters → Niqab is a better protection
Hijab is an assertion of Islamic identity → Niqab is a stronger assertion
Hijab is fard → Niqab is mustahabb

الله أكبر


Why do you wear that

He asks me,

why do you wear that,

I say, how can I explain

the sweetness of faith

to one who has never tasted

the sweetness of honey.

How can I explain

the coolness of my eye

to one who never

lived in the desert.

How can I explain

beauty and majesty

to a heart that’s blind.

I too wander and am weak,

I too wish others could see

…ME,

but I won’t give it up.

It’s mine.

I have lived in the light

and I won’t be oppressed

into the darkness.

Inga kommentarer: