torsdag 17 februari 2011

The Story about Sister Sarah part 2

Salaam aleikum my precious readers.
Now, at last, part 2 come about Sister Sarah's story here it is. If you have miss the first part read it here inshallah ..


http://medinab.blogspot.com/2010/12/story-about-sister-sarah-part-one.html

Here it is:


After I announced that I was Muslim it was so hard. I lost so many friends. My husband and my so called friends were trying to put me into a mental institution. My mom thought I was just depressed.

My husband’s family thought it was just a phase and they said they were scared for my life because Islam is a cult and they will kill me. But I knew this was all lies and I finally found the truth and nothing could ever turn me away.

I was living out of state for about a year with my husband and son. It was the state that my sister and mother lived in. My father lived in my home state about 18 hours away. I knew I needed to get out of the house because my husband wasn’t my husband anymore since I was Muslim and he was Christian.

I remember things were getting so bad and sort of scary. He would corner me and try to touch me and I would scream at him to get away from me. He would tell me that he is my husband and he can do whatever he wanted to me. I told him no he is not my husband anymore.

It was starting to scare me really bad. My mom wanted me to move in with her and so did my dad. I decided to go back home to my home state and move in with my dad. Don’t ask me what I was thinking because I have no idea.

I was hoping this time things would be different and not so abusive his time. My dad sweet talked me and told me he loved me and he didn’t care what I was. He just wanted me and my son to be home safe.

I believed him so I decided to go. Also when I had gone out of state to talk to the people about Islam.

My ex-husband shut all my debit cards off and gave me no money and didn’t tell me. Me and my two year old son got stranded at the air port for 10 hours because out flight got delayed and my two year old was starving and that is when I found out I had no access to money.

I didn’t know what to do. I asked him how dare he do this to me and our son leave us with no food. Not to mention I have low blood sugar and a two year old can’t go without food and water that long.

A stranger near by heard me over the phone and came up to me and she told me she didn’t mean to be nosey but she heard me talking and her and her husband wanted to give me 20 dollars for food. It was such a blessing from Allah. I hated taking it but I knew I had no choice.

I thanked her and she smiled and walked away. Then 30 min after she gave me the 20 dollars I was trying to sort out my tickets because I had missed my connecting flight the air port also gave me food vouchers.

So I got to have the 20 dollars and free food vouchers. I was so thankful to Allah that he provided for my son and I. well I then got home and my ex husband was hoping that I would change my mind.

But of course my mind was set. It was such a trial because not only was I going through all this with my ex husband but I was fighting the temptation to drink. I had a bottle of wine in the kitchen and I dumped it down the drain. Then my ex stopped buying food for the house.

I was starving all their was for food was ham, and pork hot dogs. I had to fall to a ham sandwich once because we didn’t have anything else and my blood sugar was getting low.

The monitor that was teaching me about Islam offered to send me money for food. I of course denied him because I was ashamed. My ex would go out to eat all the time and not bring home food. The little that we did have I gave to my son.

My mom was getting worried about me. I was getting soooo skinny and I started bruising easily from the lack of nutrition.

It happens in like two weeks that I go to unhealthy. Also I was recovering from an illness called mono.

When you’re very sick and your spleen swells. So I was recovering from that, starving and I was trying to pack up the whole house to move.

Plus take care of a two year old let alone the house was a bit messy and my ex came home and would call me a bitch and such and would yell about the house. I would tell him I’m starving and we are in the middle of moving not to mention it takes about six months to recover from mono.

One time I was so hungry and my ex went and took our son to McDonalds and said he would bring me back a hamburger. He brought me back a box of cereal. The only cereal I hate! It was awful.

Well I finally moved back to my dad’s and of course I kept my son. And my ex moved back also but moved with his parents about an hour and a half away from my fathers. My dad told me to not let my ex have my son because since we didn’t have any legal custody grounds he could hold him from me.
So I told me ex he can come over to my father’s house to see my son whenever he wanted till we get something figured out. It was going to take months to get a court hearing and I knew my son needed his father in his life.

So I had a serious talk with my ex and he told me he would never hold my son from me. That our son needed both mother and father. So we did a schedule I got my son for one whole week and my ex got him for one whole week. It was the hardest thing ever to be away from my son.
I had always been with him. But I concentrated on learning what I needed to learn in Islam. And concentrated on wearing hijab, staying away from the forbidden and stopping listening to music. It was hard making all the adjustments.

A life time of habits and I had to change everything. But Allah helped me and I stayed strong and I changed to a better person and never fell to the haram or forbidden. I was so scared wearing hijab for my first time.

I was in a state full of white people who were racist and mean and very closed minded. But I kept telling myself it’s for Allah. And Alhamdulillah I love my hijab. For about two months things went smooth.

I got to see my old friends again; the schedule was working out great. But then things started going downhill. It all started going downhill when my dad asked me to pick him up from work.

So I got there and went in. my dad told me to wait in the car. I waited for an hour and a half! And I thought to myself what the heck is he doing and why wouldn’t he let me wait inside with him like he usually does.

Well it turns out he was to ashamed of my hijab. Then a few days later my step mom asked if I wanted to have lunch with my dad, her, my step brother and me and my son. I said sure sounds great. We were about to leave and she was like u can’t wear your hijab. I asked her why?

She said her and dad are too ashamed to see me in it. I told her then I can’t go. So she took my son out with her and I stayed home and cried. My dad kept trying to get me to go out with him to the bar. Serve him alcohol, and I wasn’t allowed to be seen in public with them in my hijab so I never went out with them. I realized they were trying to take over my son.

How I parented, how I spent my money, everything. Even one night my step mom cooked dinner and I ate with them. Then after I was done she started laughing and was like there was pork in that. Then everyone started laughing at me and telling me there goes my religion. It was so cruel and I felt so sick. I couldn’t believe I was ingesting the dirty animal and I wanted to throw up. It was so cruel.

Then one day my dad came up to me and told me I promised I wouldn’t push my religion on them. And I told them I don’t. He told me because I won’t stop wearing hijab that I’m pushing my religion on him. I couldn’t believe what he was saying! I started staying in my room more.

The monitor that taught me started being there for me as a friend. He told me we would have to stop talking to each other soon because we can’t be friends because we are male and female. But he knew he was all I had to talk to and be there for me. My whole family had turned against me and my friends and I had no one. The days got even harder.

Every day I was harassed by my family about being Muslim. They would say things like I’m an F*** American so start acting like one. Told me to move out of the country. Told me to go strap a bomb to my chest and blow up a building. I would always keep my respect toward my father and simply told him may Allah guide him. my dad would try to push on my things like don’t u want a nice house when u get older like he has and such.

I told him it was all worldly things and I would rather have better in the hear after. All my dad cared about was money and items. Then they tried to make me get a job. But there were to many haram things.

Also the monitor that was there for me through it all we had decided to get married. He was a good Muslim and so was I and we knew we could serve Allah and pray and be together and help each other be better Muslims.

It was not the right time for us to get married yet becauseh e lived out of state. But he would send me money and he didn’t want me to work. I was also in college so I was concentrating on that too.

So my dad was trying to make me get out there to get a job without hijab and such and so he started making me pay him rent.

But that was no problem at all because I had the money and he hated that I had the money to pay him. My son was at his father’s for his week. I was going to get him back on Friday.

Then Wednesday I told my dad I was going to take my son fishing and to pizza put and such this coming week. I was so excited to see my son. Then I got a call from my ex. He told me I am not getting my son back this week.

I asked him what is he talking about. He told me that him and my dad talked about it. I was like I just talked to my dad about the things I wanted to do with my son this week and he didn’t say anything to me. I was like it’s my week and you will bring him back. He told me no he isn’t. I will never get my son back again.

Come back and see what happens next.

Thanks for reading.
Love Sister Sarah

Inga kommentarer: